Lamar is located on the corner of Kessler and Peach Street.
Lamar Elementary was built in 1951. It was named after Mirabeau B. Lamar because he is known as the "Father of Education" in Texas. Mr. Lamar was the first vice president of the Republic of Texas and was elected President of the Republic in 1838.
Lamar has a population of approximately 440 students. The school serves children in grades Pre K - 6 with services in the areas of gifted/talented, bilingual/ESL, dyslexia, speech and learning disabilities.
At Lamar Elementary we believe that every child can achieve success!!