Dispensation of Medication
According to Texas State law and Midland Independent School District policy, all medications that are to be administered at school must comply with the following guidelines:
- All medication given must be in the original container,. This includes both prescription and over-the-counter medicines. Prescription medicines must be prescribed for the student (not for a sibling or parent). The medication has to be FDA approved with dosage information clearly marked on the container.
- All medication must be accompanied by a dated permission slip signed by the parent/legal guardian. Please include instructions for over-the-counter medication. Prescription drugs will be given as indicated on the label..
- Any over-the-counter medication may not be given more than three consecutive school days without physician's orders to do so.
- Medications purchased in a foreign country (for example, Mexico) cannot be given.
5. Nutritional, homeopathic, or herbal supplements cannot be given.
6. No medication is supplied by the schools.
7. Students may not carry medications with them without a signed physician's order (this includes cough drops).
Please help us to ensure the health and safety of your child by following the above guidelines.