Enter through South West Doors
Commencement is your last school assignment. For your last school assignment, you are to know and abide by the expectations of the school district. The expectations of MISD are as follows:
1. The last final exam scheduled for seniors ends at 10:25 am on Wednesday, May 30. All course work must be completed and submitted by that time.
2. All correspondence work should be completed by Monday, May 6, 2013.
3. All A+ coursework must be completed by Monday, May 6, 2013.
4. All make up hours must be completed by Tuesday, May 28, 2013.
1. In accordance with the Midland fire code regarding capacity at the
2. Tickets will be distributed at graduation practice on Thursday, May 30, 2013.
1. Gowns are to be neatly pressed. They should be worn twelve inches from the floor.
2. Tassels are worn on the left side and will be changed to the right side after the student receives his/her diploma.
3. Girls are to dress suitable for church and to wear dress shoes and dresses of any color (no tennis shoes or flip-flops). Shoes can be open-toed or have strapped backs. The dress should not show or stick out at the neck or over the top of the gown. Girls are to carry no purses and are to wear no corsages.
4. Boys are to wear white collar shirts, dark trousers, dark ties, and dress shoes or polished dress boots (no blue, black, or khaki jeans and no white shoes, tennis shoes, or flip-flops).
5. Boys are to wear dark colored socks.
6. Flip-flops, tennis shoes, and running shoes are not appropriate or acceptable.
7. Do not have on your person a cell phone, pager, chains, or other paraphernalia.
8. Do not wear inappropriate jewelry of any kind (i.e. tongue rings, nose rings, browrings. etc.).
2. The only acceptable activity is observing and listening to what is happening on the stage.
3. Graduation is intended to be a solemn and dignified event.
4. Inappropriate behavior WILL NOT be tolerated. Individuals exhibiting questionable conduct will be removed immediately from the ceremony.
5. Graduates will not be permitted to step out of line when the Commencement entrance and/or exit marches are taking place. Seniors should plan to meet friends and family away from the entrance to
STUDENT INSPECTION AND SUPERVISION
1. Students are to carry their caps and gowns to
1. Graduates are to arrive at Midland Chaparral Center at 2:30 p.m. After inspection students will remain on the floor on the east end of the center until 3:30 p.m. At that time students will enter the side hallways and form two lines in each of them.
2. Students who arrive after 3:00 p.m. will not be allowed on the floor.
1. Graduation photos will be taken.
2. Information will be distributed at graduation practice, and an order form/proof will be mailed to your address after graduation.
NO RESERVING SEATS BEFORE GRADUATION BEGINS
Midland I.S.D. policies strictly prohibit anyone from reserving seats at
How to get your Diploma
When you walk across the stage you will get a cover for your diploma. After Graduation you will pick up your diploma at Midland High School June 3rd - June 7thbetween 8:00 a.m. and 4:00p.m.
1. Practice will be held on Thursday, May 30, 2013, at 1:00 p.m. at the
2. Attendance is mandatory. Practice will count as one day of attendance.
3. At practice students will receive instructions concerning the processional, the awarding of diplomas, and the recessional. Also during practice, students will assist with the correct pronunciation of names.
4. Practice will take a minimum of 2.5 hours.