These are some Science websites that I have found to use in the classroom. Some are lots of fun and some are very interesting, but they are all educational!You might want to explore them with your child. Have fun, Mrs. Sherrod
- Characteristics of living things
- Level of organization in organism - http://www.usoe.k12.ut.us/curr/Science/sciber00/7th/cells/sciber/levelorg.htm
- Cell structure and processes - http://www.tvdsb.on.ca/westmin/science/sbi3a1/cells/cells.htm
- Cell and parts of a cell -
- Plant cell - http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/cells/plantcell.html
- Animal Cell -
- Inside a cell
- Learn the function on virtual cell
- Mitosis and Meiosis
- Human Body
- Physical change and property, chemical reaction, element, compound mixture
- Kinetic and potential energy
- Balanced and unbalanced forces
- Speed, distance, and velocity
- Newton’s Law of Motion
- Energy (renewable and non renewable resources)
- Chemistry, Geology and weather information
- Information on how stuff works
- Earth’s interior
- Mineral Uses
- Rocks: Formation and Types
- Rock Cycle
- This site has weather experiments, a dictionary of weather terms, weather jokes, games and other information. This site has been created by Crystal Wicker, a TV meteorologist.
- Explanation of weather by a TV weather man.
- Current weather forecasts
- Weather maker: tool to design your own weather and see what happens when you change the temperature
- Part of the EPA Kids Site, this page explains some of the changes in earth"s climate and speculates on future changes.
- Difference between climate and weather
- Resources to help learn more about weather including his online weather basics book
- This website defines air pressure, discusses the effects of high and low pressure, the effects of wind and storm fronts on weather
- Information on storms and fronts
- Layers of the atmosphere
Information in different fields of science
- Science Fair Central - This site contains a wealth of information for
parents and students.
- All Science Fair Projects- Hundreds of ideas listed by subject.
- Science Fair Project Resource Guide- The Internet Public Librarygives
a list of websites with brief descriptions of each with how to"s, samples,
ideas, magazines, and resources.
- How to Prepare a Science Fair Project
- Science Experiments- step by step outline, science fair log, choosing a
category, choosing a project, scientific method, project report, display board,
presentation, and more. (Great place to start!!)
- Science Fair Projects (Math Ideas)- spirolaterals, Mayan numbers, Pick"s theorem,
probability & statistics, and science fair resources
- Ultimate Science Fair Resource- This site is awesome! Everything from doing a project, hints, project ideas, how to"s, display hints, project categories, links to ideas, science links, and project guide.
- Hundreds of free science fair projects are categorized under the following topics. http://www.all-science-fair-projects.com/category0.html
- Sample topics for making models or conducting demonstrations http://www.cdli.ca/sciencefairs/elem.html
- A comprehensive guide to creating your science fair project! http://school.discovery.com/sciencefaircentral/
- Preparing for Science Fair - http://www.cyberbee.com/science/prep.html
Fair Project Center- http://www.homeworkspot.com/sciencefair/
- Below are listed a number of science projects and energy activities for students, K-12. Each of them have a short description on this page and then a link to the actual activity. - http://www.energyquest.ca.gov/projects/index.html
- Solar Science Fair Projects and Topics - http://www.makeitsolar.com/science-fair-information/index.htm
Here are a number of links to Internet sites which contain information and/or other links related to the specific theme of Science Fairs. - Http://www.cln.org/themes/science_fair.html
Some others to look at;
http://www.powerupthegame.org/home.html Save the environment game
http://www.iq.poquoson.org/studygradelevel3.html#math Grade 3 TAKS study
http://www.internet4classrooms.com/skills_6th_original.htm Scroll to the bottom.
http://www.globalclassroom.org/2006/powerpoint.html power point links
http://www.jc-schools.net/tutorials/interact-science.htm interactive science web sites
http://www.lethsd.ab.ca/mmh/games/top100.htm top 100 interactive games for the internet