GT Testing Application Announcement
Gifted and Talented Testing applications have now been placed in the office near the counselors’ doors. For all students who are interested in testing in one or more core areas later this Spring,the deadline for submitting a completed form with a parental signature will be January 31, 2017 at 4:00. Continuing GT students do not need to take any action unless they wish to be identified in a particular content area where they are not currently identified. Transfer students who are new to the MFHS campus, must apply with our district to continue with GT services for next year. Also, there will be a parent Orientation regarding identification process January 18, 11:30 a.m. or 5:00 pm at the MISD Administration Bldg., 615 W. Missouri. See a counselor for more information.
1. Short- or long-sleeve solid color polo or Oxford type with collar.
2. Must be buttoned to within 2 buttons from top.
3. Logos, artwork, or embroidery must be less than 2” by 2”.
4. No denim material or denim-type material is permitted.
1. Turtlenecks may be worn under a collared shirt but must be White, Black, Gray, Navy, Blue, Yellow, or Purple (Must be a solid color).
1. Logos, artwork, or embroidery, must be less than 2” by 2”.
2. Must be worn over a collared standard attire shirt.
3. Collar must be visible.
4. Hoodies are not allowed.
1. No knit or stretch materials.
2. No joggers or jogger-style pants allowed.
3. No Cargo pants or cargo pockets allowed.
4. Garments are to be fitted and not baggy. Sagging will not be allowed. MISD one-size rule will be enforced.
5. Logos or labels must be less than 2” by 2”.
6. No ripped or torn clothing; garments must be hemmed.
7. Skirts and shorts can only be 3 inches above the knee (including the slit on skirt).
8. Clothing is to be worn at the waist at all times (no sagging).
MFHS, MHS, or any MFHS or MHS organizational spirit shirt, may be worn on Fridays. College shirts may be worn on Mondays and Fridays as well. Shirts must be worn with standard attire pants, skirts or shirts. Spirit shirts do not have to be collared. No homemade spirit shirts or pants will be allowed.
“One-size rule” applies (one size larger than actual measurement to allow for growth)
Coats, jackets, and hooded items must be placed in student’s locker upon entering the building. MFHS follows the Midland ISD dress code. Any clothing found to be disruptive to the learning environment by the campus administration will be addressed accordingly. Any item not specifically addressed will be left to the discretion of the building administrator.