Who I Am: Mrs. Williford
Class Description: Pre AP World Geography
Mrs. Williford’s World Geography
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
My Classroom Expectations are as Follows:
· No Intellectual Bulimia– What that means is that I do not want, nor do I need the textbook quoted back to me. I want original, stimulating and thought provoking ideas in my classroom.
· We as a group will express like-minded ideas, opinions and exchange knowledge in a focused and meaningful way.
· Knowledge Accountability– The student is accountable for seizing the opportunity to learn and communicate ideas amongst his peers.
- Come in and sit down at assigned seat and begin with the introspective question of the day and wait for instructions for the days lesson (we will follow the 4 levels of CHAMPS class activities daily).
- The days lesson can and will contain many possible avenues of learning. (i.e. small and whole group work and individual study.)
- I have two grading categories 60% major and 40% minor.
- District late policy and re-do policy are followed in this class.
- NO phones or any electronic devices. I see them they are mine and then they are the offices.
- NO one is allowed behind my desk at any time.
- NO gum, food or drink in my class.
- NO writing on books or desks.
- NO crude language or inappropriate subject matter discussed in my room.
- Do not talk over myself or your fellow classmates. It is rude and will not be tolerated in my class. Everyone should have a voice to be heard without impediment.
- Follow the school dress code in my class at all time.
- No makeup bags or backpacks of any kind in my room. You have been assigned a locker for your personal belongings.
- 3 subject college ruled notebook
- Pen and or pencil